BBC Global News collaborates with the Global Wellness Institute to create a film series a first of its kind on the World of Wellness
The non-profit Global Wellness Institute (GWI), the leading research organization for the wellness industry will be working with BBC StoryWorks, the commercial creative arm of BBC Global News, to produce a first-of-its-kind film series about the world of wellness. The collaboration was announced at the 2021 Global Wellness Summit in Boston for which LuxuryWellness is a partner.The series is to be produced ahead of the 2022 Summit in Tel Aviv, Israel.
Wellness an estimated $4.4 trillion industry, moves to a holistic, preventive, wellness is often misunderstood, both as a term and as a sector. This series aims to cut through the noise, reaffirming the value of evidence-based wellness and introducing a global audience to some of the most important existing and emerging solutions across the industry.This series will illustrate the universal value of wellness and inspire people of all backgrounds to seek it.
Objectives of the series
- Raise awareness of the importance and impact of wellness and preventive health approaches on societies around the world;
- Spotlight some of the most innovative and exciting developments across the industry that contribute to individual, community, and societal wellness;
- Define and demystify the term “wellness,” reaffirming the value of credible, evidence-based solutions on holistic health and improving consumer trust in the sector;
- Explore the impact of the digital revolution on the wellness industry, highlighting its benefits and addressing its challenges;
- Help audiences feel empowered to seek their own wellness and inspire habits and lifestyles that contribute to this end;
- Challenge the perception that wellness is only for a select group, identifying solutions that democratize the pursuit of holistic health.
Simone Shelley and Nickie Omar were at Boston at the Summit to share news of this inspirational collaboration.
Image credits: Unsplash